dimanche 18 mai 2008

Nothing exciting lately..

Hey everyone!

Sorry I haven't updated in awhile, nothing really exciting has happened since I got back from Italy. We had another long weekend for the first weekend after the break. Traveling is expensive and I kind of wanted to take a break from everyone, so I opted to stay in Pau and maybe travel to surrounding cities that are close by. Well, I only made it to one because the weather was pretty crappy. On Friday Ashton, Mike and I went to Lourdes. It was so breath-taking. It brought tears to my eyes, especially because I went to Magnificat. It was just overwhelming to see the place that I've heard and read about since grade school at St. Angela's. We saw the Cathedral, the life-size stations of the cross, the grotto where Mary first appeared to Bernadette, and I got some holy water. I said special prayers for Grandma and Mr. Gaspar and Kevin Healy, and I even got to light a candle for Grandma.

The rest of the weekend I stayed in Pau and worked on the mountain of homework that seemed to accumulate.

I have no other major plans really. I have a mid-term tomorrow in my Strategy class, and on-going work for a project that is due at the beginning of June. I have only two more trips planned, aside from when my family joins me. This weekend I am going to Tarbes, one of the French girls invited a couple American students to go to her hometown with her. So the good part is that I won't have to pay much, if anything, for meals, and I have a free place to stay! The second trip is to Pamplona, don't worry not for the running of the bulls or anything. Our program ends on June 4th, but my family doesn't arrive until June 7th. So I am going with Ashton to visit her host family from when she studied abroad for Spanish in Pamplona last year. More good news, free place to stay and little to nothing for food!

That is all for now, I will hopefully get a chance to write later. Love you all!

Aucun commentaire: