lundi 14 avril 2008

More about last weekend...

Sorry I wasn't able to write very much last time. Hiking was awesome and the mountains were beautiful, as you will be able to see from my pictures.

Saturday night was exhausted so I watched P.S. I Love You online, by streaming it from the internet. It was a really good movie, but if you cry easily watch out- it was SO sad and kind of morbid.

Sunday was really gloomy out so I watched two movies in bed and then did my homework. In Operations we are starting the OMLS project, which is basically an computerized simulation of running and managing a bicycle manufacturing plant. We are each in charge of hiring and firing workers, and of assigning workers to different work stations in order to maintain profitability and efficiency. AKA- boring!

I am starting to get really excited for Barcelona, it's going to be so much fun. I am definitely going to check out the Sagrada Familia, Park Guell, Casa Mila, and Casa Batllo. It will be really nice to speak Spanish for a change instead of stumbling through French. We also heard about a bar called "Dow Jones", where the system resembles the stock market. When the demand for a certain drink goes up, the price increases as well. Also when the demand for a drink is low, the price falls. In addition, there are frequent "market crashes" in which the lights flash and all the drinks fall to their minimum price and the bar gets crazy.

Our train for Barcelona leaves on Thursday night at 6:38 and we arrive in Barcelona 9:00 AM Friday morning. Kelly arrives sometime around 2 on Friday, so Elizabeth and I will have some time to settle in before she gets there.

I'm starting to get really annoyed about the 10 day vacation coming up in less than two weeks. The guys had this trip all planned out before they came, and me and three other girls agreed that we would do our own thing. First of all, the guys are going to 4 different countries in 10 days, leaving about one day or less in each city to sightsee and travel. I am all about seeing as much as I can here, but I feel that that plan is unrealistic and will be exhausting. I would much rather go to Italy and pick 3 or 4 cities and spend two or three days in each. But of course, my roommate doesn't want to lift a finger to help plan anything, so she is just going to go with the guys. And I am stuck all by myself being the only person who doesn't want to do that. She went to Paris this past weekend with Jenna, another girl on the trip, and I was amazed at how little she did. She basically made a list of all the places she wanted to see, and Jenna planned everything. She booked the dinner cruise, their hostel, she organized directions from one metro station to the other so they would know how to get around. It's really unbelievable sometimes how she can't lift a finger to do anything for anyone else, or even herself. She missed class Friday to go to Paris, and I told her I didn't know how to do the homework. It's not fair that I help her because she missed class, when I know she would never help me if I didn't understand something.

Tonight will be really fun, some other students and I are playing badmitton with the Frenchies. And then Wednesday night the Americans are playing soccer against the French students. Guess who wont be in attendance for either game? (I'll give you a hint... it's not me) I'm terrible at soccer but I am really excited! Okay everyone, time for class! Love you!

Aucun commentaire: